We offer a wide range of courses, find out more about each of them here. No matter what you want to achieve we have a course that can help you.
Circuit training is a great technique to use when time is of the essence, high intensity workouts which really get the heart pumping and you sweating. It’s a great way to exercise all areas of your body in a short amount of time.
We start off with a gentle cardio warm up such as some jogging. We will then complete a selection of total body exercises such as burpees, squats and jumping jacks. Mixed in with these will be strength training exercises such as push ups, sit ups, free weight training and bench dips. We normally complete each set of these a number of times while moving round the circuit.
What are the benefits of circuit training?
- You can work at your own pace: complete as many exercises on each rotation as you feel comfortable with, we will encourage you to push yourself though!
- Variety of exercises: there’s a never ending list of exercises that can be included within circuit training, we rotate the exercises weekly to keep the classes interesting and exciting
- Friendly environment: Our classes are filled with like minded people who are all there to achieve the same thing, we all have fun and enjoy the exercises.
- Makes you fitter: not only will you be having fun and meeting new likeminded people you’ll also be getting fitter, without having to spend hours in the gym you will see real change in no time.
Couch To 5k
Couch To 5k is a government backed initiative to encourage more people in the UK to get outside and exercise more. This nine week course will help you gradually turn into a healthier fitter version of yourself.
Each week you will complete 3 runs, in week one we begin with a brisk 5-minute walk, then alternate 1 minute of running and 1-and-a-half minutes of walking, for a total of 20 minutes. By week 5 you’ll have three different runs to complete, firstly a brisk 5-minute walk, then 5 minutes of running, 3 minutes of walking, 5 minutes of running, 3 minutes of walking and 5 minutes of running. Next up is a brisk 5-minute walk, then 8 minutes of running, 5 minutes of walking and 8 minutes of running. Finally a brisk 5-minute walk, then 20 minutes of running, with no walking.
By the end of the 9 weeks you’ll complete 3 runs which begin with a brisk 5 minute walk then 30 minutes of consistent running.
What are the benefits of couch to 5k?
- Slow progression: thanks to the progressive nature of the couch to 5k course you won’t be chucked in at the deep end and expected to run 5k straight away
- Incredible weight loss: waking, running and jogging are great ways of burning calories and losing weight, you’ll see a remarkable difference by the end of the 9 weeks
- General fitness levels: cardiovascular exercise such as running and jogging is great for your overall fitness levels, you’re likely to feel a lot better in every day life thanks to the regular exercise you’re getting
- Getting outside: all of our couch to 5k classes take place outside in the open air, many of us struggle to spend time outside so this is the perfect opportunity to increase your time spent outside.
1 To 1 Personal Training
If you’re looking to achieve great results in a short amount of time or want to achieve more than just lose weight personal training is a great option. We can develop an individual training plan which works with you to achieve your goals. Whether you want to lose weight, gain muscle or focus on a specific goal such as competing in a sporting event we can help you.
We can work around you, if you want us to come to you, not a problem, if you want us to help you focus and achieve objectives at the gym, not a problem. We can help you achieve your goals.
What are the benefits of personal training?
- Faster and better results: having a personal trainer will help you achieve your goals a lot faster than you perhaps expected, having someone pushing you on to achieve your goals will help more than you realise.
- Reduced chance of injury: working out and losing weight can be dangerous, injuries can occur on a regular basis, having a personal trainer will reduce the chance of you sustaining an injury drastically as we can advise you on the best techniques and warm ups.
- Regular training: for a lot of people maintaining a regular exercise routine can be very difficult, you’ll struggle to get in the habit of working out often, with a personal trainer pushing you on you’ll no longer find this an issue.
If you’re looking to achieve great results in a short amount of time but want to keep the costs as low as possible this is the perfect option for you. As the name suggests a small group of under 5 people will all receive the support of a personal trainer at the same time.
You’ll still receive your own training plan and get specific tasks to complete based on your goals but you’ll be sharing the support of the personal trainer with a few other people. This way you’ll still get the much needed support and encouragement.
If you and a group of friends are all looking to achieve weight loss or any other goals why not come together as a group and all workout together?